Saturday, August 30, 2014

More Than Halfway Done

The halfway point has come and gone and so have some long runs. The las two weeks have not been easy with the high humidity here in the Midwest.  A week ago it was 20 miles in 93% humidity and this Saturday it was 15 miles in 82% humidity. It really took the energy out of me during the run and just trying to stay cool and hydrated is a challenge. I am now in the final weeks of this training program and the long runs flip back and forth between 20 and 15 miles until I get to the last two weeks. I'm still hitting my training target paces so that is encouraging.
I hope you guys are doing well! I'm praying for a cool Marathon day......say 40 degrees! That would be great. Well brothers stay focused. We are down to 42 days until we toe the start line!!! Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment