Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Getting Healthy

Well brothers, it has been a time of recovery for me. As you both know I had an injury while playing on the sand dunes of Michigan. The last good long run I put in was on July 26 when I ran 18. I felt great that day, but two days later I pulled my hamstring. One week later I attempted a long run, ended up running 12 and realized I had pushed myself too early.

I have since been cross training until last week when I was doing some warm up 100 meters and pulled a muscle in my calf. Over the las week I have been intensively working that muscle out and beginning to feel good, but I still have to be careful.

I will be getting back on the road today for a few miles and am going to build up to 15 by Saturday. Please pray I will be healthy. I almost cried last week when I injured my calf. I want to do this and want to be successful.

I've been spinning vigorously to keep my legs going so I am hoping to have not lost too much of the endurance I had built up.

Hoping for a good week!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! There is still plenty of time! Your last three weeks may not be the taper you hoped for but more of a warm up toward the marathon. Keeping you in thoughts and prayer!

    ReplyDelete