Saturday, August 16, 2014

Another Long Run Complete

Brothers,  I am now officially half way through the 16 week training program I began way back in June. Today was a long run of 18 miles. I ran with a couple of friends and we started with two of us at 5:30 am to beat the heat. When we took off it was just breaking light and was about 64 degrees. It certainly warmed up as the morning sun got up in the sky plus it was humid. The run went well and I find that the long runs aren't so long. The miles seem to click by quickly and I rather enjoy the long run. But I have always enjoyed running and training for an event.  Running with friends helps as we tend to just chat away throughout the run. I managed to come in under target pace so I was happy. Tim hope your training is going well. Dan get over those injuries- you need to be at the start line on October 12! We have 56 days and 9 hours until Marathon day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brothers, Great job, Dale, on your long run and all your runs. I find the long runs still tough and long! In all my marathons they have never been easy for me. I would rather go back to jumping hurdles if I could still do that. I did 16.5 this past weekend and both the humidity and rising heat were tough on me. Last Tuesday I ran 8 in temperatures in the upper 60s and it was so much easier. This week will be a cut back week of a 10 and an 8 and a 5. Then on to 18, 13, 14, 20...and then the beautiful "taper." Boone, how goes it out there in CA??

    ReplyDelete